Rev. John Currie (MAR, Westminster Theological Seminary) will be joining Westminster’s faculty as Professor of Practical Theology on June 1, 2018. Rev. Currie currently serves as Senior Pastor of Redeemer Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Ada, Michigan. He is expecting to receive his DMin in Pastoral Ministry from Westminster in May 2018.
Rev. Currie’s academic interests include expository preaching and pastoral leadership. Rev. Currie has extensive pastoral experience and is an ordained minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Before serving at Redeemer OPC, Currie also served as a Teaching Pastor at Church of the Saviour in Wayne, Pennsylvania, as a pastor at Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Ambler, Pennsylvania, and as a Senior Pastor at Grand Prairie Alliance Church in Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada. In addition, Rev. Currie has served at numerous churches as a Youth Pastor.
- DMin in Pastoral Ministry, Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA (anticipated 2018)
- MAR, Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, PA, 2004
- BRE in Pastoral Studies, Peace River Bible Institute, Sexsmith, Alberta, Canada, 1991
- Senior Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, September 2013–Present
- Interim Teaching Pastor, Church of the Saviour, July 2012–March 2013
- Pastor, Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, September 2001–October 2009
- Senior Pastor, Grand Prairie Alliance Church, 1995–1999
- Youth Pastor, Grand Prairie Alliance Church, 1994–1995
- Youth Pastor, Cranbrook Alliance Church, 1991–1994
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL HISTORY
- Dean of Student Development and Alumni Support, Westminster Theological Seminary, October 2009–2013
- Lecturer in Practical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary, September 2006–2013
- Instructor in Bible and Theology, Peace River Bible Institute, July 1999–May 2001