Dr. Rob Edwards (DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary) is assistant professor of Pastoral Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary. In this role, Dr. Edwards focuses his teaching on evangelism and missions.
Dr. Edwards was ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America in 2000. He served as pastor of Mercy Presbyterian Church in Forest, Virginia, for nine years (2010-2009), and with Reformed University Fellowship at the University of Georgia for 11 years (1999–2010). Prior to seminary, he also served in youth ministry at Clemson Presbyterian Church (1993-1996). Edwards has also served in various capacities on Presbytery and General Assembly committees. Dr. Edwards’s academic interests include the bearing of biblical theology on pastoral ministry and the mission of the church, as well as the implications of a covenantal apologetic for preaching and contextualization. Rob and his wife, Angie, have three children: Emma, Lucy, and William.
- DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary, 2021
- MDiv, Westminster Theological Seminary, 1999
- BA, Philosophy, The University of Georgia, 1993
- Church Planter and Pastor, Mercy Presbyterian Church, 2010–2019
- Campus Minister, Reformed University Fellowship (RUF), 1999–2010
- Youth Ministry Director, Clemson Presbyterian Church, 1993–1996
- RUF Virginia Committee, Blue Ridge Presbytery, 2012–2019
- RUF Staff Training and Campus Minister Assessment, 2003–2009