Dr. Todd Rester (PhD, Calvin Theological Seminary) is associate professor of church history at Westminster Theological Seminary.
Dr. Rester is a post-doctoral research fellow at Queen’s University Belfast (September 2016–present). During his time as a research fellow at Queen’s University Belfast, Dr. Rester has served the institution as a guest lecturer in the Master of Arts, History of Religion department as well as various undergraduate history courses. In addition to his time at Queen’s University Belfast, Dr. Rester has taught as an adjunct professor at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (2010–2016), Kuyper College (2013–2015), and Calvin Theological Seminary (2011–2015). He also works as a translator for the Dutch Reformed Translation Society (2009–present). Dr. Rester’s academic interests include but are not limited to: the history of the doctrine of Scripture and its reception; early modern and Enlightenment conflicts between theology and philosophy on general and special revelation; and early modern and post-Enlightenment models of missiology.
- PhD, Calvin Theological Seminary, 2016
- MDiv, Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson, Mississippi), 2006
- BS, Louisiana Tech University, 1999
- Ruling Elder, Redeemer Presbyterian Church (OPC), 2011–2016
- Summer Camp Pastor, Twin Lakes Camp & Conference Center, 2006–2007
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL HISTORY
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, EU European Research Council project, “War and the Supernatural in Early Modern Europe,” School of History, Anthropology, Philosophy, and Politics, Queen’s University Belfast, 2016–2019
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Queen’s University Belfast, September 2016–present
- Scaliger Research Fellow, Leiden University, “Theologia Viatorum: The Theology of Leiden from Junius to De Moor / Continuity and development in the structure and goal of theology in Franciscus Junius (1545–1602), Johannes a Marck (1656–1731), and Bernhard De Moor (1709–1780),” 2010
- Translator, Dutch Reformed Translation Society, 2009–present
- Adjunct Professor, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, 2010–2016
- Adjunct Professor, Kuyper College, 2013–2015
- Adjunct Professor, Calvin Theological Seminary, 2011–2015